11.19.2008

A New Designer, A New Store: Maria Bonita

I visited a new store, "Maria Bonita" that was just opened by a designer called Mell Coage. I must say, I enjoyed the visit immensely! She had a lot of outfits for a new store....almost too much to look at and all sold at very reasonable prices! All outfits were in the 100 - 130L range which meant, I could buy lots and not worry too much about my Lindens. And shop I did.

Although a lot of her clothes were casual, she also had some that were fit to be worn to a party. A lot of colours, a lot of fun and a lot of styles.

Here, I am showing two outfits I got. One is an outfit called "Dance Bling Outfit." As the name suggests, this is a fun short pants set that comes with a simple black tank top. It was simple enough to allow me to have fun with other items I matched it up with. I chose a metallic tights that I picked up at G.L.A.M as a freebie offered in the store that was modifiable so we could colour it to whatever colour we wished. This is great to match, as I often find that the tights or stockings that I have, don't match because of the slight difference in colour tone. I also played with a fun hair from Cocoluv. This hair comes with a colour changing turban that will also make it easier to match up.

Then I wore a pair of black boots that has hot pink shoe sole. So although it looks plain black, the pink underneath shows as I dance or walk.

And this is the fun look I got. All ready to go out dancing!!


Maria Bonita - Dance Bling Outfit




Outfit: Maria Bonita, Dance Bling Outfit
Tights: G.L.A.M., Tintable Metallic Lycra Tights (solid yellow) *freebie
Necklace: RYCA, Cross Gold Necklace
Earrings: RYCA, Circle Five #2 Gold
Bangles: RYCA, Texture Change Bangle Gold
Boots: Fussy, Hot Pink Stilettos
Hair: Cocoluv, Missy (black)
Nails: Persona, Polished nails (gold)
Skin: Minnu, Fair (cat)


The next one is one of the outfits Mell has that will be great for a party to which you might want to wear something not as formal as a ballroom gown but something fun and stylish. It's called "Dress Pompom Black" and as the name suggests, has a pompom-like skirt with a top that has a sheer part both in the front and back in different shapes. It's an outfit that is both sexy and sweet.

The stockings I wore here were a pair of stockings that was given out at the Styles of edo for free. It has a line at the back which are a kind of stockings I like a lot. Sometimes those lace or fishnet stockings are fancy but a bit too much and I tend to prefer these simple ones to match with outfits.

If you haven't yet, try making a visit to Maria Bonita. I am sure you will have as much fun as I did.


Maria Bonita - Dress Pompom Black




Outfit: Maria Bonita, Dress Pompom Black
Stockings: Styles of edo, stockings (black) *freebie
Bracelet: Alienbear Design, Pearl Teardrop Pearl Bracelet (white)
Shoes: Morpheus Dream, Crimson
Hair: Goldie Locks, River (black)
Nails: Candy Nail, #016 Birth Stone "Diamond Elegance"
Skin: QS (Quelita Soon) Skin, Milk、Disco 001

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, model for Boulevard Agency, Evane Models Agency, Ewing Fashion Agency and Second Look Studio

No comments: