10.23.2008

Clio Pret-a-Porter: Dynamic And Elegant

When I modeled for the Best of Italian show a little while ago where many Italian designers were featured, one of my fellow models was wearing outfits from Clio Pret-a-Porter. I was watching what she wore throughout the show as I loved them and was already contemplating on another shopping venture.

It took some time before I could go as I had been a little busy lately, but I finally did and boy did I enjoy myself!! I got myself two outfits that I liked the most and came back to take pictures so that I could blog about them. It was then that I saw a notice being sent from Clio Cardiff annoucing some new releases! What a great timing!!! And as you can imagine, I ended up going on my second round of shopping venture still dressed in a gown I got from my first round.

So now I have four gowns to show here of which the first two are the ones I got on my first round of shopping and the last two are the new released new colours that Clio has just released in her stores.

The first gown is called "Theresa Black Gown". This gown comes in several colour variations and looks so unique. Although it is a simple mermaid shaped gown, the colour scheme and the frame-like line she uses on the body part makes this gown look so modern and yet elegant. The simple form further enhances these values. Even in a show environment, this gown stood out and it was this that initially caught my eye.


Clio Pret-a-Porter: Theresa Black Gown






Outfit: Clio Pret-a-Porter, Theresa Black Gown
Necklace & Earrings: Jewelry by Jake, 62a - L'exquise beaute Black Diamond Necklace & earrings
Shoes: Stiletto Moody, d'Orsay (black)
Hair: Dernier Cri, Lara (black)
Skin: Beauty Avatar, Ariel Light Skin 09


The next one is called "Embrace Dream Gown". This was a gown Clio designed and created after she was inspired by looking at a giant statue of a man and a woman together in a steady but passionate embrace in the Black Swan Sim. Quoting from Clio's blog, "As an embrace the dress is soft. It moves gently and holds the woman as if the skirt panels were the arms of a lover.
The sleeves are long, because a hug feels warm on your arms, and they are softer and somewhat heavier up towards the shoulders. Neck and shoulders are uncovered, to show a woman's beauty and sensuality, and a flowered chocker adds delicacy to the ensemble."

If you look closely, the bodice is also designed to have two different textures meet in the middle so the right side is different from the left. This symbolizes the two embracing eachother and becoming one.

I thought this concept was so beautiful and even if I had fallen in love with the dress at first sight, it made me love it more. So here is the original "Embrace gown" that I bought.

Clio Pret-a-Porter "Embrace Dream Gown"




Outfit: Clio Pret-a-Porter, Embrace Dream Gown for Passions of Black Swan
Shoes: Adam n Eve Shoes, Classique (Night Pool)
Hair: Dernier Cri, Lara (black)
Skin: Tuli, sUmi /starry/ pale /green/

After the success of this original Embrace gown, Clio just released three new colour additions, two of which are shown here. This time, the colours are more daring and unique! So here are the new releases fresh out of the oven.


Clio Pret-a-Porter: Embrace Memoires Gown




Outfit: Clio Pret-a-Porter, Embrace Memoires Gown
Shoes: Shiny Things, Dare pumps (black nighttime)
Hair: Exile, Runway 1 (black)
Nails: Persona, Polished Nails (red)


Clio Pret-a-Porter: Embrace Shock Gown




Outfit: Clio Pret-a-Porter, Embrace Shock Gown
Shoes: Tesla, Estella (green)
Hair: Magika, Yeah (black)
Skin: Lion Skins, Suzana fair 35
Nails: Persona, Polished Nails (red)

Written and photographed by Kay Fairey, Boulevard Agency, Evane Models Agency & Second Look Studio model

No comments: