12.24.2008

Having Some Fun With A Gown :-)

Ok, who said we had to be chic and elegant all the time when we wore gowns? We can have some fun too if you find the right gown for some fun styling.

"Floreale Black Gown" from Clio Pret-a-Porter was exactly such a gown. Black gowns are always the best sellers but you would wear it with an updo or some party hair. Maybe a cocktail hat to add some interest. When I saw this one, I just had to try a completely different look. The flower patterns of the black gown have stunning bright pop colours and the gown was just so sweet!

I am sure you will stand out in a crowd when you go to all these parties that are going now with the holiday season kicking in. I was tp'd to a place while I was still styling this and sure enough, I got "comments." *giggles* The tiny hat I'm wearing is from a Japanese store and the designer, Kumii Yoshikawa has some awesome items including sweet shoes that match this hat. She has many colour variations but they all look almost like candies (this does not mean her whole store is a candy store though). Clio had a white version of this gown, so if I had gotten that one, I would have worn the white/candy pink coloured hat and shoes.

This hair is a funky hair from "Here Comes Trouble." Of course the two notches at the end of the pony tails that stick out were not this colour. I edited them to match the pink in the hat and dress by editing linked parts. A little effort goes a long way but certainly not something you want to do when you have an event you just can't be late and only have 5 more minutes till it starts. On top of that, you still have to choose your shoes, your jewelry, still haven't gone to the rest room and your boy friend is asking you if he should wear a brown hair or a light brown hair.

For a happy holiday season, I think I like this style a lot. Perfect for a party with some fun friends.

Clio Pret-a-Porter - Floreale Black Gown





Outfit: Clio Pret-a-Porter, Floreale Black Gown
Hat: ::69::, Candy Hat (B/Pink)
Shoes: ::69::, Candy Pumps (B/Pink)
Hair: Here Comes Trouble, Hukluban (black)
Skin: InZane Body Art, InZane Skin, Creme #11

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, Modavia Super Model, model for Boulevard Agency, Evan Models Agency, Ewing Fashion Agency, Beauty Avatar, Best of Italian and Second Look Studio.

No comments: