12.19.2008

From Beauty Avatar's New Collection

Recently I was in a show for Beauty Avatar where we showed the new collection that are now in the store. I have to say, I did not wear the outfit I am going to post about today. But looking at the other models, I fell in love with this one. So ignoring what I wore myself, I went out to get the same outfit that was worn by another model. It's not too "wintery" I have to admit. But it was so sweet and stylish that I made myself a good excuse. "It's not REALLY cold in SL, so who cares?" This was funny as I usually think even if it's not cold, it's good to have seasonality in SL. So I would wear a coat or winter fashion. But when I actually want something that is contradictory to my belief, I make convenient excuses. :P Oh well, don't we all?

So here it is. "Mawen 05" by aida Ewing of Beauty Avatar.

It comes in different colours but this red one was so intriguing maybe because I love red myself. It has that active, positive look. It goes well with active looking boots, which I feel might go better than a very feminine looking pair of shoes to emphasize that active look. I think this will go great with any long or short hair rather than a mid range length. I use short hair a lot, so this time, I tried it with long hair. This one is from R's Style. A very small Japanese store that is not yet known in the non-Japanese sector of SL, but certainly worth checking out. After all, don't we all want hair that not many people know about? The turban that wraps the hair is texture changing by simply clicking on it. So you can easily match it with the outfits you are wearing. They also come in various sizes. So you won't have to struggle to stretch or shrink the hair by editing it yourself (you can tell, I hate editing).

The skin I used here is a skin I had been waiting for! InZane Body Art skins. I blogged about this new skin store when InZane only had goth skins. I fell in love immediately at how she was able to bring contour to goth skins. It's not easy to draw contour with white skin. Since then, I had been waiting for her to launch her regular skins. If they looked that great in goth skins, they must be gorgeous with regular skins. And gorgeous they were! She now has a range from pale to chocolate tone skins. Something for everybody. As imagined, she had great contour for the body and great faces. I particularly like her eye brows and eyes. InZane skins have now become one of my favorite skins for sure.

And last but not least, these boots are a new release from Elixir. Elixir is a latex store but with a lot of style and fashion sense. But even if you're not a latex fan, these boots are worth checking out. There is also a red pair of boots that was launched at the same time. I decided to use the black one as too much red will lose the impact and I wanted a bit more black. I just love the soft and loose look of these boots! I must show the cool latex items they have too. So much I want to show and so little time!

Oh and one more thing. The necklace and earrings are from the Lovable Hearts set from Vincenca Rosca Jewellery, which I already blogged about. But these are the red ones that is in the same set. In my previous blog post, I showed the pink sets. Yes, you get both for one price!

Phew. I had been a bit busy this past week but I had so much to show today!










Outfit: Beauty Avatar, Mawen 05
Boots: Elixir, Outpost Boots
Necklace and earrings: Vincenca Rosca Jewellery, Lovable Hearts
Hair: R's Hair Style, Moto2 (black)
Skin: InZane Body Art, Creme Skin - Makeup 4

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, model for Boulevard Agency, Evan Models Agency, Ewing Fashion Agency, Beauty Avatar, Best of Italian and Second Look Studio.

No comments: