10.07.2009

I Love Leather!

It's getting almost cold where I live and I'm starting to wear some winter clothes. One item I like is leathers especially those that have that couture touch.

The leather jacket and low rise pants that I am wearing today comes from Ranena Olivier Couture. I just love the design and also this colour which is a rather unique and delicate colour for leathers.


Ranena Olivier Couture - Leather Jacket and Pants in Grape

The jacket has a high rise collar that adds to its elegance with rather big cuffs at the end of the sleeves. It also comes with a belt which I wore today but it also works if you don't wear the belt, keeping the jacket very simple. Then you can wear your own belt at a low position to give it a totally different image with a more casual look. The pants come in long pants as well as short pants but since it's getting cold, I thought the long version will be more suited to be worn now.



Although I hardly ever wear belly rings, I decided to wear this sweet belly ring that has a star hanging from it that comes from Twisted and Spoiled. It's colour changing so it can be added as a cute addition to looks where your belly button will be showing.



I also matched up a pair of big sunglasses from DeLa. This comes in 6 different colours with 4 lens colours each and you get ones that you wear over your eyes as well as one that can be worn on your head, as I am doing here. What I loved about this is that it is attached to your nose when worn over your eyes but the one that you wear on your head is attached to your mouth. This means that when the sunglasses are not covering your eyes, you don't have to worry about your prim eye lashes being removed. Of course, you can re-attach the sunglasses to your mouth yourself but all the more better if it's all done for you!

Leather Jacket: Ranena Olivier Couture, Urban Leather Jacket Grape
Leather Pants: Ranena Olivier Couture, Urban Leather Low Rise Pants Grape
Sunglasses: DeLa, Sunglasses "RG1" Pearl Pink Lens on Head (worn on mouth)
Belly Ring: Twisted & Spoiled, Lucky Star Belly Ring (colour change)
Shoes: Maitreya, Slinky Stilettos (purple)
Hair: Armidi, The Short V (Midnight I)

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, Modavia Supermodel, Agency Director and Top model for Boulevard Agency, Team edo Director and writer for the Best of SL Magazine.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I know this is a little off topic, but I feel I must share. Second Life in the early days was very much about collaborations and helping one another. As it matured it has become more about commerce. I hope we do not loose the spirit of collaboration.

The arts and nonprofits in Second Life still afford us a chance to come together in the spirit of collaboration. We have a chance to change the world and create a world that is as we wish it was in real life. We can learn from one another.

The Survivors of Suicide Project in Second Life is a suicide prevention program. In these uncertain times and economic stress more people are feeling isolated, alone, that they don't matter, and want to give up. Each and everyone of us can make a difference just by reaching out to one another. Spend that little bit more time and get to know a new person. People all around us are dealing with depression. Most of us with depression wear a mask and hide out true feelings.

I need your help, in getting the word out about suicide prevention. Help me distribute the Suicide Prevention kiosks. Get involved and any way you can. Step forward and say we are going to stop suicide in our lifetime by talking about it. We need to get it out of the closet and make it a topic that it is ok to talk about. I would love volunteers, everyone has something they can do to get involved.

If you have a sim, store, build, please consider posting a Suicide Prevention kiosks. I am also in great need of sponsors to help this project grow, need to get ads in the SL magazines, on the SL TV, blogs and billboards. Please, please lets do something about this preventable tragedy.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Haetae/160/30/97

Krissy Sinclair