10.28.2009

Uptown Girl Fashion - C&W Designs

On October 23, I posted about a cute dress created by Boston Westland of Atelier La Bubu. Boston, in fact, had another brand called C&W Design that he runs together with his friend. I must say it was a little confusing as you can purchase the same outfits in both stores but I liked his designs so much that I decided to blog about another lovely creation by Boston.


C&W Design - Andrea Dress


Although the design itself is completely different from the Londonize Memore Dress I posted about on the 23rd, what remains the same is his uptown, elegant image without making it a formal wear or a party wear. I love styling day wear clothes as there is so much you can play with and Boston's outfits give me that fun as they are elegant but not overly styled leaving me very little areas to play with.




For this Andrea Dress, the lovely blue of the dress was something I wanted to play on and I was lucky to find a perfect hat for this! The Lizette hat in blue matched this dress so well that it looked as if it was part of the design! It wasn't just the colour too. The design of the hat matched the elegant uptown impression the Andrea Dress had so perfectly that I was smiling the whole day.




The ruffles around the neck opening for this dress was not prim parts but it was actually drawn on the dress. This allowed me to add a white rose to play up on the clean blue and white coordination of this look. This rose is a head ornament I found in Illusions that came in all sorts of colours. So what I did was, made a copy of the white rose, attached it to my chest and adjusted the position in edit so that it will sit in the center of the ruffle almost like a broche. Since it was modifiable, I also turned full bright on to make it look more white.



To add a bit more fun, I also decided to hold a purse from Baiastice. I think I am now very happy with this uptown girl look that is pretty, fun and elegant. :)

Outfit: C&W Design, Andrea Dress
Hat: Elegance Hat, Lisette (blue)
Rose: Illusions, Hair Rose (white)
Earrings: Twinkleberry, Fiore n7 (white/used only earrings)
Purse: Baiastice, Funny Bows bag
Sandals: B&G, Amanda (bronco)
Nails: Candy Nail, #000 Basic Smoky Tone (smokey pink)
Skin: Sawode, Glamour Pale Skin madeup 5

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, Modavia Supermodel, Agency Director and Top model for Boulevard Agency, Team edo Director and writer for the Best of SL Magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not words enough to thank you fo your kind posts in your blog, Kay.
You are UNIQUE with your stylisms and it is the biggest honor to be posted on your blog.

Sincerely anad happily yours,
Boston Westland