7.26.2009

A New Release From "a la folie": Ballerine

One of my favorite stores, a la folie, has just released a new dress called "Ballerine." As the name suggests, it is shaped like a ballerina costume with a wide fluffy skirt and a top that has a low cut with tiny cute sleeves on the arms. As with all of her designs, designer pixivor Allen uses lots of flowers to create this dress including a sculpt flower on the left side of the waist. But that is not all. The skirt has a soft and delicate lace layer that flows out of the skirt with movement and adds that gentle touch.



The outfit came with a pair of elegant off white pumps but I wanted something more vibrant to match the beauty of the flowers and after some thought decided to go with orange as a spice to the look.

So I chose a skin that gave me makeup with orange eye shadows and an orange tone in the lips, but because of the orange in the face, I refrained from using too much colour for jewelry. Because the face makeup is strong, jewelry should be simple, delicate and non-intrusive while adding that final touch to the wide opened shoulders.



Shoes is an item that is always difficult to find the exact colour I have in mind but these pair I wore from Haysuriza were the exact reddish orange that I was looking for. These Sayuri pumps from this brand has an amazing colour variation of 30 colours which you can buy individually or in 3 sets of 10 colours each as fat packs. With the release of Sayuri, Haysuriza became one of the shoe stores that I will go look for specific colours along with enkythings. Usually if I visit these two stores, I can find more of less the exact colour that I am looking for. I just hope that the designer and creator for Haysuriza, Hays Uriza, will come up with the same colour variation for sandals soon.



I should also mention that Sayuri can change the heels and also part of the ribbon to gold or silver for all of its 30 colours and you can also opt to hide the ribbon if you prefer simple pumps, simply by clicking both shoes. Here I changed the heels to gold.

After I shot all the pictures I needed for this blog post, I realized that the dress might also look nice with a hat. So I tried on my fav brand of couture hats, Couture Chapeau which I introduced in the July 20th program of "Fabulous Fashion" with Angie Mornington on SLCN TV as a guest stylist. The hat added fun and elegance to the entire look and I was very happy with the result.


Outfit: a la folie, Ballerine
Necklace and Earrings: The Golden Flower, Elegance
Shoes: Haysuriza, Pumps Sayuri (red)
Nails: J's, Nail Vivid Pack (orange)
Hair: Little Heaven, Hair 53 Ingrid00 (marron)
Skin: Exodi, Genesis Candace Apple BOLLYWOOD Makeup Line "Kalpona-Kari"

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, CEO & Top Model for Evane Model Agency, Modavia Super Model, Top Model of Boulevard Agency, Team edo Director and writer for the Best of SL Magazine.

No comments: