4.23.2009

New Releases For Your Spring Wardrobe

Spring is here and it's time to pull out some spring fashion and send the coats to the dry cleaners, although I have yet to find a dry cleaning service in Second Life.

So today, I am introducing some lovely new releases that are not only reasonably priced but also great adds to anybody's spring wardrobe.





The first one is a tight mini dress from Prism Haute Couture Clothing called "Musique Bandage Dress by Journey." Journey McLaglen, the designer for this brand did such a wonderful job with the colour selection of this mini dress. The form itself is very simple, which allows the lovely colours used to be emphasized and I seriously have no words to praise her for her taste in colours. In spite of the numbers of colours she has used, no one colour stands out and they all blend beautifully into this spring creation. Kudos to the designer also for the great work she has done to match the seams and prim parts. Again, inspite of using so many colours and in horizontal lines, the sides and the lines in the prim part match beautifully and I admire the patience she had to get this right to this high quality level.



The next new release is a preview of the "Glam Tote Bag" from +plus*. Helena Compton had always been one of my favorite designers of accessories ever since I started blogging and she will be coming up with a miriad of colours with a new bag for those people who want that 'spice' added to their fashion to make a difference.

Here, I am holding the olive coloured bag but as always, the quality of her bags and accessories are worth checking out if you haven't yet. Being a graphic designer in RL, Helena's creations are always a great addition that I rely heavily on for my own styling needs and I am happy to introduce this new tote bag she will be releasing very soon.



And last but not least, another of my all time favorites in brands, Petal Meg. The colours in Fuscia Jewell's new release "Hydrangea Tied Lariat" was perfect to add as a piece of jewelry to this spring look. I love to use her flower petal jewelry when I want some colours and also when I don't want to use 'heavy' items such as gems or metal pieces and today's fashion was exactly that.

Fuscia actually uses flower petals covered in resin to create these lovely and sweet creations in real life and she sells the same jewelry in SL as well as RL. I also have some of her real creations in RL and it is not just such a lovely jewelry to own, it is such joy to think that I own the same items as my avatar in SL!! If you are interested, you can buy her RL items in her Petal Meg Website which is where I got mine too. She will ship them to all areas of the globe so this is another thing worth checking out for your RL spring wardrobe as well.



Mini Dress: Prism Haute Couture Clothing, Musique Bandage Dress by Journey
Necklace: Petal Meg Jewellery, Hydrangea Tied Lariat Necklace
Bag: +plus*, Glam Tote Bag (olive)
Nails: Flirts, Metal Girl Collection, Burgundy Dance
Boots: Alpestyle, Funky Boots
Hair: BishWear, Empress (black)
Skin: Minnu, MMS Pale Flower (this skin is no longer available)

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, CEO & Top Model for Evane Model Agency, Modavia Super Model and Top Model of Boulevard Agency and writer for the Best of SL Magazine.

No comments: