2.15.2009

Modern Gypsy - A Tiny Mini Dress

The other day, I blogged about a gorgeous white gown by Modern Gypsy in the Runway Magazine blogsite. I had obtained another outfit from the same store at the time I got the gown which was a totally different style. It is a tiny mini dress that is so fun to style and one I believe can be styled in so many ways. It comes with a wide black belt with a big silver buckle that adds a nice accent to this otherwise simple mini dress.

Today, I added a pair of black leggings from FTV. This leggings set comes with a long version that extends down to the ankle and also a short version that only comes down to below knee length. I used the short version because I wanted to style it with a pair of ankle boots. I love, love, love ankle boots more so than long boots as I think in many cases, it adds more fun to looks. I cannot deny that another reason I like ankle boots is because there are so many people wearing long boots and I always like to be a "bit different."

The main focus of styling today was the lovely vivid blue colour of this dress. In order to emphasize the blue, I decided to use only black and white for all other items. So I matched up one of my favorite jewelry set from Alienbear Designs. I have been using this quite often but it is a really nice "white" set for the winter season. I would most likely use less of this once spring is here so I might as well use it while I can.

To complete the look, I used this interesting hair from Discord. Again something to add more fun without going "too casual."


Modern Gypsy - Vintage Beauty (blue)






Outfit: Modern Gypsy, Vintage Beauty (blue)
Leggings: FTV, BLack Leggings (short)
Bangle: RYCA, Texture Change Bangle Silver (left only)
Ankle boots: Courtisane, Hors d'haleine Booties (silver)
Necklace & earrings: Alienbear Design, Silvester Set White
Hair: Discord, Prim Hair SHIIPU (black)
Nails: Flirt, Metal Girl Collection (blue chrome)
Skin: Minnu, MMS London Fair makeup 8b

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, Modavia Super Model, model for Boulevard Agency, Evan Model Agency, Ewing Fashion Agency, Beauty Avatar, Best of Italian and Second Look Studio.

No comments: