5.16.2011

Resuming My Blog! Yay!! - MEILING, A RL Designer Who's Crossed The Line

Wow.  It's been so long since I last blogged and I am finally resuming my blogging activity!  Whoot!  The reason why I had to stop blogging was because my graphic card wasn't keeping up with the development in the viewers and every time I tried to take pictures, my screen either froze, turned black or I crashed.  After several attempts spending literally hours just to take a few pics, I finally had to give up.

Now I have a new PC, new graphic cards and I'm back to business!

I had also been a bit busy recently as I was helping Meiling launch in SL.  Meiling is a very successful real life designer from Trinidad & Tobago who is not only very well known in the Caribbean for her couture designs of real life garments but also known for her innovative and very creative marketing skills.  She is probably the only Caribbean designer in SL and brings with her a new trend in this virtual world of very wearable and stylish designs of items we can now buy in this virtual world from her real life collection.

She is very different in the following points, in my opinion.
  1. Meiling's designs have been inspired from the great couture design talents from Japan with its simple yet modern designs but she has added to this, a Caribbean touch, and has created a whole new line of designs that is very unique to Meiling.
  2. She will be following the real life sales method of introducing seasonal collections which will be retired periodically.  This means, one collection will only be available until the next collection is out and her designs will not be in the store for a very long time.  This is going to be very different from most of the sales direction with SL designers where most of the items will be available for a much longer period of time.
  3. Meiling's designs are SL versions of her real life designs.  This means they will all be very realistic rather than SL unique designs with lots of fancy prims.

Today I am introducing one of Meiling's newest releases, the Noir Mystere Dress which was an iconic dress that was actually shown in her RL collection. It is a very simple and yet very stylish and modern design that reflects Meiling's policy as a designer that "outfits are to show the women and not the women showing the outfits".


Meiling - Noir Mystere Dress



More information about Meiling can be found in the following.

Click HERE to go to Meiling's store in SL

Posted by Kay Fairey, Agency Director and model for Boulevard Agency, Miss Virtual World Modeling Academy Executive Director, LOOK Elite Models COO, Fashion Editor for the Best of SL Magazine, Producer and Host for "SLTV Fashion Style - The Runway" which is a bi-weekly live fashion program by Second Life TV in SL Japan.

No comments: