4.22.2010

Vintage Beauty

Vintage designs have its own place in fashion. They used to be the leading the trends of the times be it the 20's, 30's or 50's but now, since they fall out of the "current trend" they have become "timeless." In other words, they have won their own place in fashion.

I have a love for timeless fashion. Especially when it comes to elegance, the haute couture fashion in the old days had a touch of elegance that, in my mind, no other fashion can even try to compete.

So naturally, I have a huge inventory of vintage fashion and wear them from time to time. Sonatta Morales is one of the stores I love dearly and it's one of the stores I pay regular visits to whenever I have a craving for retail therapy. In other words, even when I am not on a mission to find particular items for a certain styling project I have, I would just drop by to satisfy my craving.

Today I wore "Arabesque", a lovely delicate outfit using lots of lace. Hats are also a must item for vintage fashion and the outfit sets that have hats included also serve as my source of hat collection. I often use only the hats to match with other outfits when I want that vintage feel to the look.

The jewelry I wore here is the "Cupid Set" from R.A.Crystal, a Japanese jewelry store with Rama Anatime as the creator. What I like about Rama's collection is that she always includes two sets of the same necklace with one attaching to the spine and another attaching to the chest. I often have to reattach necklaces if they interfere with other outfit parts but it saves a lot of time with her sets because I can just select the one that doesn't interfere. It's a little thought that goes a long way.

Sonatta Morales - Arabesque with Cupid Set from R.A.Crystal


Outfit: Sonatta Morales, Arabesque
Stockings: ALB Dream Fashion, Cuban Classic Stockings (black)
Jewelry: R.A.Crystal, Cupid Set
Purse: Baiastice, Precious Black Hand Bag
Hair: Lamb, Ghost (ink)
Shoes: Baiastice, Crystal (jade)

Posted by Kay Fairey, Agency Director and model for Boulevard Agency, Miss Virtual World Modeling Academy CEO, Team edo Director and writer for the Best of SL Magazine.

No comments: