9.01.2009

A Dress Called "Kay's Kibou"

"Kibou" means wish in Japanese. It can also mean dream or desire (non-sexual) and Ashoka Eames of Phoenix Rising created a wonderfully sweet dress called "Kay's Kibou." How nice of her!!

Phoenix Rising - Kay's Kibou

It has lots of butterflies which I LOVE and the skirt uses this lovely texture that creates a wonderful effect on a semi-poofy skirt. It's not a full formal gown which is something I also love about it. It's that length that allows me to wear this outfit to any occasion and also look elegant no matter where I go. There is also matching jewelry that are sold separately but were designed and created by Kieran Debevec which also has tiny butterflies to match the outfit.

I was pleasantly shocked when Ashoka first showed me the outfit saying she designed the outfit with butterflies. This was because my late grand mother, who I loved dearly, loved butterflies and she had butterflies on almost everything she owned. For example, all her handkerchiefs had butterflies, her towels, her dresses, her kimonos, even her bags had butterflies on them. So whenever I see butterfly designs, it reminds me of her.




She was the most elegant, yet strong woman. She was very modest but at the same time, not afraid to stand up against things she believed was not right. In other words, she was the most elegant and yet cool lady I knew. And of course, she was and still is my role model.

So this outfit, that Ashoka designed for me, is very special to me. I had never told her about my grand mother so I don't know......maybe my grand mother spoke to her from heaven.

Thank you, Ashoka, for a wonderful dress!


Outfit: Phoenix Rising, Kay's Kibou
Jewelry: Phoenix Rising, Kibou Jewelry
Shoes: Styles of edo, EIRIS Straight Strap Pointed (black)
Hair: Glitter, Lala (black)
Skin: Lion Skins, SU Fair #13b

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, Modavia Super Model, Agency Director and model for Boulevard Agency, Team edo Director and writer for the Best of SL Magazine.

No comments: