3.18.2009

A Brand New Designer On The Grid

"Fashion Nomad" is a new brand by a new designer Aleida Rhode. She opened her store only about three weeks ago and is already churning out new releases very energetically. Aleida had been one of the top models in SL and I had known her through modeling jobs as well as runway projects at Ewing Fashion Agency where we both work as a staff member and model. Through her modeling career, Aleida has seen many fashion brands as well as outfits and I am looking forward to see what she will add to the SL world of fashion.

Here is one of her new releases, Balinya Dress in rose dust. A very subdued soft pink dress that is very elegant and good for any semi-formal party. I matched it with a burgundy coloured pair of shoes and a matching rose hair accessory. I also tried white shoes, as well as similar coloured shoes but the entire image looked "sleepy" when I used soft colours only and it seemed to work best when I added stronger colours at my feel level and at the top as a hair ornament to sharpen up the entire look. I must say, however, pure white also worked too but it was a bit too predictable so I decided to show the stronger coloured match in my pics.

Fashion Nomad - Balinya Dress (rose dust)




Outfit: Fashion Nomad, Balinya Dress (rose dust)
Necklace & earing set: Twinkleberry, Delicato (rosa)
Rose hair ornament: Illusions, Hair Rose (pink)
Shoes: enkythings, Ekota-X (burgundy)
Hair: Amrita, Prim hair、Rea
Skin: MMS Light - Flower (this skin is no longer on sale and Minnu now has a new store under the name of LeLutka)

Although this particular dress I have shown is soft coloured, Aleida also has lots of bright coloured shirts, tank top as well as jackets. Even dresses too. To show one of such examples, I picked this shirt top which is a pretty fuscia coloured top with a see-through lower part of the bodice and puff sleeves.

Here I made a fun spring look using various accessory items. I could have made a sweet look with a pink shirt that has puff sleeves but I tend to like going against the expected so it was more like an experiment which was also a lot of fun.





Top: Fashion Nomad, Soroti Spring Shirt (fuchsia red)
Pants: Devilish Cupcake, Gidget Pedal Pushers Glitch Pants (houndstooth)
Belt: Sole Accessory, Sole Bend Poach Belt with Chain (gray)
Bangle: Sole Accessory, Sole Dot Bangle (pink)
Necklace: Sole Accessory, Sole Dog Tag
Sandals: Courtinsane, Marquise Sandals (pink)
Nails: Persona, Polished Nails (pink)
Hair: 69, Envy Me (charcoal)
Skin: MMS Fair - cold (this skin is no longer on sale and Minnu now has a new store under the name of LeLutka)

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, model and writer for the Best of SL Magazine and Runway Magazine.

No comments: