6.09.2010

Mixing and Matching

One of the things we do a lot when we style ourselves is mixing and matching different outfits. Of course you do that when you are wearing casual clothing such as a top from one brand and a bottom from another. But more so than ever, we are seeing cases where we need to pull different parts of an outfit from different brands to create one outfit in order to have something unique.

I don't usually show these "looks" in my blog because it wouldn't do much for the designers who, I am sure, prefer to see their outfits intact rather than torn apart.

But today, I got a shot of a "look" that I was very happy about. I am not a professional photographer nor do I claim that Iam good since I suck at photoshop skills which means I need to rely a lot on what I can do in-world to make my pics look somewhat ok.

So I decided to post this one as I was rather happy with the outcome.

This was a "look" I made by mixing a mini dress from VUI called "Marbled Little Diva (pink/blue)" with the skirt part from a Gothic wedding gown by Miamai called "Kay". What I tried here was to create an elegant gown without losing the soft feel of the mini skirt which is why I avoided long skirts that tend to have straight flexi prims. The skirt from this Miamai gown worked perfectly since the prims are not simple straight prims but rather twisted, forming a soft image. The angle at which it spread out was perfect too so the two skirts didn't look disconnected.


Outfit: VUI "Marbled Little Diva (pink/blue)" + Miamai "Kay"
Earrings: Alienbear Design, Kielo Earring white
Shoot location: Immersiva

Posted by Kay Fairey, Agency Director and model for Boulevard Agency, Miss Virtual World Modeling Academy CEO, LOOK Elite Models COO, Team edo Director and writer for the Best of SL Magazine.

No comments: