1.24.2009

A New Italian Designer

I was checking out a store which I thought might interest me yesterday but unfortunately it was not what I had expected. Disappointed, I decided to look around as it was a sim I had never stepped foot on and it was always interesting to see places that were new to me. If good, I thought, I would make a landmark so I could come back later.

I had already been let down so I wasn't too enthusiastic. So I strolled from one store to another taking quick peeps and moving on to the next. There I found one that somewhat intrigued me. I went inside, looked around and thought "oh this might be a good store." I found a few outfits that I liked but for some reason, none of the vendors were set to "buy." If one of them was not functioning, it could be a mistake. But none??? I looked around for a "coming soon" sign or something to indicate that it was not yet opened but I found nothing. So, as usual, I decided to contact the owner and leave a message. Maybe she might tell me when it will be ready.

Soon I got a message from dolceluna Myoo, who was the owner and designer of "My Dreams" together with her husband rover Villota. She tp'd over to the store and told me that she had other stores and took me to two other stores, one of which was her main store. It was a huge two story building but still only filled half way on the first floor. To my surprise, she was a new designer who just started setting up her stores about a week ago, officially planning to open in February. To add to my surprise, she said she only started making outfits a few months ago! But for a new creator, the number of outfits she had in the store and the level of her outfit quality was quite impressive. If she is this new and can create this much, just imagine 6 months down the road?

dolceluna was from Italy and unfortunately, we had to communicate with the help of a translator but in spite of that, we had a great chat.

Let me show you one outfit I got here which is called "Diamond Red." There was a black and blue version which, as you can see as in this red set, is not totally blue but rather blue mixed in black. I loved how the red was mixed with black in this one also to give it a subtle red look and how she added prim parts that do nothing but add sparkles to the otherwise very simple gown. But the simple form of the gown enhanced the effect of these sparkles and I just loved it!

I wish dolceluna and her husband rover the very best of luck!! I will, for sure, come back for more!


My Dream - Diamond Red








Outfit: My Dream, Diamond Red
Shoes: Stiletto Moody, Pinup (Badseed Red Patent)
Hair: Sky Everett Designs, Tempting Fate (black)
Nail: (True Enhance) Painted Nails (Cherry III)

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, Modavia Super Model, model for Boulevard Agency, Evan Models Agency, Ewing Fashion Agency, Beauty Avatar, Best of Italian and Second Look Studio.

No comments: