3.09.2009

A Cool Rider's Jacket For Ladies

My regular readers will know by now that I LOVE rider's jackets in RL and in SL. These are one item I cannot go without buying if I see a cool one on the market. So....here I go again!

I found a cool rider's jacket designed for ladies from a store called "B11" in Japan. It seems Japanese stores tend to have lots of nice rider's jackets which is quite understandable with all the motorcycles in Japan. Most of the popular motorcycles companies such as Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki are all Japanese companies. So go figure.

There were several colour variations including the usual black and also one in a leopard pattern which did, I must say, intrigued me as it was different. But I still wanted it to look like a rider's jacket and a leopard skin pattern was just a bit too "girly" for my ideal of what rider's jackets should look like so I settled for a red one, which, surprisingly was my very first red! It was still different from the ones I have as most of them were black.

This jacket is a very slender jacket that could be worn easily even with skirts. In fact, I like wearing these leather jackets with skirts...which reminds me, I must try that styling here sometime. But for today, I went in a very "conservative" direction wearing the jacket with a pair of leather pants from DeLa.

If you are looking for cool leather pants, DeLa is a good place to start as these pants come in eight colour variations which is quite unusual for leather pants. These eight are also divided up into four each to form two sets of fat packs for those who embrace a great love for leathers. This one I wore is "silver" although it does look black. The one labelled "black" has a much darker black colour. I could have gone with that one too but I thought this silver one will give me a slightly softer look compared to a bold red + black.

This time, I wanted to wear the jacket more as a fashion item rather than for a look that was more appropriate for practical riding so I matched it with black boots from Shiny Things that has some heels but without wearing the calf prims. This way, I won't have to worry about my boot prims coming out of my pants while it still looks like I am wearing boots.

I received some nice compliments in this look........so I guess I will just keep on increasing my rider's jacket collection. *sighs*








Rider's jacket: B11, Riders Red/Ladies
Leather pants: DeLa, Leather Pants "Linda" (Silver)
Boots: Shiny Things, Wrapped Stiletto Boots (black)

Written and modeled by Kay Fairey, model and writer for the Best of SL Magazine and Runway Magazine.

No comments: